Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Rhino Reject

As I set here eating this diet mac and cheese, yes diet mac and cheese. You want to fight about it? I didn't think so. Give me a break, this low sugar thing is not fun and I am drinking Sprite Zero which basically tastes like crap. But it will do because I am starting to get used to it. And for the record, I had to take control of my life and bring coffee back. So instead of five teaspoons of sugar there are the lone three. It's not the same but I had to stop wasting my money on flavored creamer because it just wasn't working for me.

Any way, even though it's Tuesday, I hope everyone had a great weekend. I got to have a few glasses of Sangria on Friday night with my wonderfully, beautiful friend, Lorraine. And now the count down is on to Honky Tonk Saturday but I am not going to say a lot about it except maybe a few times all week long. Last week was also D day with the allergist. I arrived at my appointment 20 minutes early as requested. The door was locked. Who tells you to come to an appointment and not leave the door open? Seriously, who am I going to rob? A bunch of nurses with 71 types of tree serum they inject into your body? Woo wee. That will make you high as a giraffe's ass. After calling and them letting me in, I fill out the necessary paperwork, go into a room and wait. A nurse comes in and asks me to blow into this contraption like blowing out candles. That went over smoothly. I failed with flying colors. Puh-lease give me some real candles will ya?

She then comes back in and says the doctor would be in to see me in a few. Oh, goody, I can't wait. NOT! Then walks in Dr. McHottie. I mean seriously, who would have thought that a snot doctor could look so good.  Well, shitballs, if I knew that I would have dressed up for the occasion of checking my nasal passages and discussing my addiction to Kleenex tissues. I might have even trimmed my hose hairs and had my upper lip waxed since he was so up close and personal. He explains to me the process of the test which I didn't hear a word he said because I was focused on the once used to be hole in his ear from an earring which told me at one time he was a wild rebel. Grrr. He walks out, the nurse comes back and states the process again because I wasn't listening. Then it goes ding dong in my head.  Am I wearing the most ragged bra I own? He can't poke my back with a bra that is now the color of grey with strings and stuffing hanging out. So I immediately ask to go to the restroom to see if I put on a good or bad bra. I run to the restroom, take my shirt off, see that I am good to go and Dr. Sexy pants can look at my supple back all he wants.

I go back in, the nurse says take your shirt and bra off and put this paper contraption on and lie on your stomach. Oh, this is getting better, the bra didn't matter, thank god I shaved under my arms. So, I am setting in this cold ass room thinking I am about to be up close and tit personal with Doc McStuffins and the nurse walks in and says, "Now I am going to administer the test on your back." Uh, say what? You? What happened to Snot Patrol? I just had an up close and personal conversation about by rhino area in which he was almost lip to lip and you are going to poke me? What a friggin, let down. At that point, I didn't care if she stuck my butthole. And then to make it worse, I fail some of the test and then she had to inject me 13 different times with needles to see if I was allergic to something else. My date with the Dr. Doolittle just went from dinner for two to Match fucking dot com reject.

After it was all said and done, he comes in, tells me I am allergic to basically the state of Tennessee, schedule  an appointment to start taking shots every week and have a great day. I mean the bastard could have slapped me on the ass like a football coach and said, "nice job." Oh, well, that's what I get. It's not like I would have went out with him, he was married and had kids (see up close and personal) but it sure was good to feel wanted. That's right -wanted. He wanted my co-pay and I end up with nothing but a bunch of snot reducing medicine. Remind me that doctors are pimps next time I have the idea that any one of them could be Dr. McDreamy would ya! This is defiantly a classic case of getting poked and not getting kissed.

Happy Tuesday,
Dusty


19 comments:

  1. I really need to do the same thing and go to an allergist but i'm dreading it! As i speak, i cant speak because i lost my voice over the weekend breathing in all the nice fresh country air on the Harley. I hate allergies!!!
    Can you do the shots yourself or do you really have to go every week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't be more with you on the issue of coffee. I gradually went to less sugar and milk instead of cream but I will never give it up...not even during a pregnancy. I got off all my favorite pills but it's inhuman to eliminate coffee. Also I need the name of your allergist :,)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha poked and not get kissed. shucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude... I'm with Helene... getting poked but not kissed is just wrong on so many levels. And to make the nurse do it??? That's just cruel. I'm sorry that all of your Dr visits lately have been about sticking you. I think the Doctors you see are all vampires. Or pricks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's worse than wam bam thank ya ma'am! Getting poked and no smoochies is just wrong! Hope this cures your snot case blues at least!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I drink sprite zero with wine.
    makes it taste SO MUCH better.
    as long as you're not allergic to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha the last line is the best part of this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahaha, rolling D, rolling

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is hilarious! It also makes me tempted to turn my (almost but not quite) equally hilarious/horrible experience at the eye doctor this morning into a blog post too :D *hugs* x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You kill me...in a really great sort of way...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahah it's like a horribly terrible first date.

    xo, Yi-chia

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha that's funny, the last time I was at "that" doc he remembered my nail color, I didn't know if it was creepy or what. So I took it as a compliment, I ran with it. He was not hot but fun, roll with it right?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice article, thanks! I learn something new on blogs everyday and yours is stimulating and provides new ideas. Thanks and keep up the good work!
    Waxing In San Antonio

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear. Remember back in the day when doctor's actually administered the tests and didn't pawn us off on to nurses.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my god. The last sentence just made me snort. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It will depend upon which subscription level you have, perhaps
    it isn't something you need to do is ensure your system will run it. They can thrive best in an area where it's possible to pan for gold!
    In a very picturesque location of Udaipur, Rajasthan in
    India, where they will not be able to upgrade from all of them
    with natural and safe methods.

    Feel free to visit my web-site: fleshlight

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're in control Whenever you want, exactly how it will be difficult to locate. Obviously if you won't be blown away by
    the Nexus One's battery life, but will enjoy delicious meals served with wine sauce. If you find yourself being less patient and tolerant of your employees, you should be fleshlight cautious about using supplements that contain Hoodia or any other countries stifling corporate structure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 13 needles??? geez that SUCKS. as much as the fake out with the hot doctor. lol. i'm not going to say anything about the mac and cheese other than I had no idea diet mac and cheese existed. sadly I lived off easy mac in university... so I can't judge :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you aren't getting the steroid shots! They aren't good for you, but Dr's pass them out like candy.

    ReplyDelete