Friday, September 16, 2011

A Brides Pail

Here is my bridal tea vs shower blog as promised..

Two weeks ago, I went to one of my besties daughter's bridal tea. Traveling to my home town to see people I haven't seen, some in twenty years. On one of the hottest days of the year, I slap on a dress, faboo heels by Lauren Conrad for the Kohl's collection and off I go. On the way, I started to think about the term bridal tea then I was thinking bridal shower? Do they really have "teas" anymore? Is that just a Southern thing? I wanted to rush back home and check my invite just to see what it stated. After this event was over, the next day I researched the terms. Here is what I found: A bridal tea is a come and go during a given time frame without bringing a present at high tea time. A bridal shower is a come and go during a given time frame but bring a gift, play games, etc.. Hmmmm... Here's my take:

Blue hairs vs Party Bitches is what it boils down too. I attended a bridal tea with cake, punch, nuts and mints. The formality of the small town "lets do this for grandparents" because they know everyone from hear to the yonder red light. I by no means am saying this wasn't a wonderful event. It was and it's sentimental because I held her in my arms as an infant. But, its 2011 so don't you want to see grandma drunk off wine coolers doing the conga line with redneck Billy Jo Bob! I do! I think that at the wedding someone should spike the punch bowl and the great aunt will be doing the Cha Cha slide in the church community hall while eating special brownies.  I write before you today in saying, All Blue Hairs Take a Stance! Demand spiked punch at the reception, veto the formal china and bring the happy couple the gift laughter, love and many pictures. Seriously, you want it documented that your 75 year old Grandma did the worm with your best friends husband to Funky Cold Medina.

In the meantime, here is the gift I made and gave to her. It's called "A Brides Pail". Filled with a homemade apron, bucket for beverages, 4 of my favorite recipes, spoons, the fixin's for homemade strawberry poppsies, and candle. They are for sale for $35 and I also do a bridesmaid pail as well. These will be for sale on my site. Email me if you are interested.

Ciao, D
A Brides Pail




No comments:

Post a Comment