Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hot Tamale ..Becoming What I Always Was

Hot Tamale Thursday. It's gettin' hot in here so take off all your clothes. Just kidding, keep your clothes on but this girl featured today is Hot Snot! You remember in school when there was a cool girl and you just knew you wanted to be friends with her but you knew you probably weren't cool enough to do so? This is how I was when I first started virtually hanging out over at miki's blog. I love her! She's so real. You can relate to her and connect with her because she so down to earth, funny and genuinely nice. I am so glad I am cool enough to be her bloggy friend. So now I can zip it and you can read it.

How goes it? My name is miki, I prefer a lowercase “m”, because I am just not really into capitol letters. I blog over at Becoming What I Always Was, and I feel really honored to be here guest posting on Dusty’s blog, mostly because she’s the funniest girl I’ve ever virtually befriended. I told her yesterday that her blog is my favorite, because it yanks my emotion strings all over the place. I read a post and I am either on the floor laughing, buried in my hands crying, or shouting at my computer screen as I imagine Dusty doing when she writes about things like Bristol Palin. This is all aside from the fact that anything will make me cry. I cry at commercial, at TV series, at emails, blogs, you name it - I can muster up some tears.

I know that you’re dying to hear who I am and what makes my blog and I unique, so let’s get on with it! Like I said I am miki, and I’m married to a handsome bloke named Jared. He is 7 years older than my young self. We’ve lived together for a bit over 2 years, and have been married for 9ish months. People like to call us newlywed, but that just isn’t true. We’ve been practically married since a year after we met. So we’re kinda like the old couple in our gang already. Jared and I have one child. Our child is actually of the canine species. Her name is Shia L. Spinelly. She was name after Shia Labeouf, because my husband wanted her to be named after a movie star. His choices were Tom Hanks or Joe Pesci. Since Joe and Tom are not girl names, we went with Labeouf. Shia (the dog) is adorable, she is a big mess, can be extremely gassy, always stubborn, she trips over her own feet, loves taking baths, and is the biggest cuddle monster you have ever met. She just turned 1 1/2 on April 6th. You’r all invited to her 2nd birthday party on October 6th.

ShiaCollage-2012-05-16-09-53.png

Most of the things that I post on twitter have to do with my fur baby or my candy addiction. I could eat Candy all day and all night. The worst feeling is when I brush my teeth, crawl into bed and then start eating candy out of habit. I mean It’s right next to my bed in the “candy drawer”. It’s the worst to have to get out of bed just to brush your teeth. I would let my teeth fall out to avoid this problem, but my parents paid some good money to have those teeth put in the correct place when I was younger.

Teeth-2012-05-16-09-53.png

I live in the glorious state of Utah. Which means that I am beating the statistic, because at the age of almost 22, you’re suppose to be married with 3 kids, and by the time you’re 25 have between 4-6 kids. That statistic comes from me.. but it’s probably dead on. I have noticed a lot of baby fever hitting pretty hard in blog land lately. I wrote an entire post on how to cure baby fever. Not that I don’t like babies, I just don’t think I am ready to give up sleeping in till 2pm on the weekends. Is that so hard to believe?

My celebrity doppelgänger is Zooey Deschanel. I get lots of compliments, saying we look similar. Whatcha think?
ZooeyMikicollage-2012-05-16-09-53.png

If you choose to visit my righteous blog, then you may hear some foul language, hear me lust over my husband and praise the cuteness of my dog! Won’t you come on over and be my neighbor?


So click away. Go be her neighbor and her friend. She's beautiful and pretty amazing. Lucky duck I am!
Happy Hot Thursday Tamales,
Dusty

PS.. you wanna be a Hot Tamale give me a shout, or I may just ask you anyway.

21 comments:

  1. sold. already love this hot tamale. and my husband may want to come hang out with shia because he loves the bull dogs.
    also, I feel proud that I am nearing 22 in Utah and have no children. I would argue that I am the LEAST baby hungry girl in all of Provo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am proud of you for not having a child in Provo that is near impossible! What's your secret? Mine is reading articles about what happend to your body when you're preggo. Haha! Your husband is more than welcome to come hang with bully any day!

      Delete
  2. I want to be friend with this girl in the real life. She eats candy all the time. We are born candy monsters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done and done! I'm going to move in with you, no worries I'll bring all my candy!

      Delete
  3. Haha all of you are so hilarious! I love it, and all of you! I am proud of you Whitney, it's hard to not catch baby fever living in Utah county! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW you are a doppleganger! Um yea, I live in Utah too and I just turned 25...no marriage ANY TIME soon. That's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you want to meet a hot man, my husband has a twin and he's not looking for marriage either! hahaha :)

      Delete
  5. crying all the time.
    candy. candy. candy.
    utah.
    zooey.

    about utah years and the stats, i'm 27 & single. which if 47 and a lesbian. :) I'm not a lesbian but I'm 47 in utah.

    this could have been practically blogged by me.

    minus the dog and husband.

    I feel like I'm about to go stalk my twin, this is big

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are hilarious! And, you look a lot like Zooey Deschanel! I tried to do the whole bangs things, but mine were definitely not as cute as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair my bangs are ONLY cute about 1 out of 7 days of the week. They are a huge pain in my rear end!

      Delete
  7. miki. what a friggin' cool name. now i'm going to go say "hi". thanks dusty...for always introducing me to cool people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you twiggy! I hope that's your real name, that's pretty awesome. My real name is Mikhail, it's a male russian name and I am not male or russian

      Delete
  8. Yep. She does look like Zooey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Total hot tamale!!! I wish I looked like ZD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. STOP. STOP IT RIGHT NOW. You keep showcasing such amazing blogs and I may NEVER get anything done again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha! Who needs to get things done? It's totally over rated.

      Delete