Monday, January 21, 2013

I'm a little Sprite today

I don't find a reason to wish anyone a happy Monday. I hate them. I have yet to understand why in this country we have to go back to work on that day or why we only have two days off from labor? It seems to me the weekends only consist of catching up from the crap you didn't get to do during the week. With that, catch up is a pretty good word here to use. Last week, I was consumed with personal things and to be quite frank, I had nothing funny or even remotely interesting to say. So instead of being a Debbie Downer, I just refuse to open up blogger and write it down. But I thought I would go ahead and fill you in on a few things I have been up too.

First, I have become addicted to Sprite. Why? Who knows. Don't get me wrong I still like my Mt. Dew's, but at night I like the taste of this cool refreshing lemon lime drink and it doesn't keep me up at night with all of the caffeine. Oh, now I know why I like it, because it sometimes does not prevent me from sleeping.

Speaking of sleep, the last several months, I wake up at 3 am with snot. I don't understand it. I thought winter killed all the snot producing molecules in the air. I blow and blow, sneeze and sneeze until about 4 am and then get another hour of sleep and wake up still full of snot and worn out. Saturday night I took a Zyrtec thank you Target. I didn't wake up until 8 am Sunday morning. My nose says thank you. My eardrums may be able to recover from popping but the only thing is it made me so thirsty in which I drank more Sprite.

From my lazy ass syndrome I had this weekend it gave me time to become enamored with the reruns of Castle. Anyone else watch this show? I literally have sat watching every episode for hours only getting up to get more Sprite and pee. All I can say is if the two stars of the show don't boink soon in one of the upcoming episodes I am going to scream. I am sure this is the purpose to lure me in and see if they end up together or not. The underlying innuendo of them having a crush on each other or whatever it is but not acting on it, is driving me nuts. Just kiss the girl already. She's not going to shoot your ass.

I love candles. I have to have them burning at all times. Maybe its the smell of something delicious baking in my house or the dog scent that lingers because I have two worthless animals that cohabitate in my dwelling leaving fur and bad breath particles all over. Regardless, my candle had burnt out for over a week and it literally almost drove me insane. I bought four at the grocery store yesterday..oh and Sprite.

Finally, I would like to say thank you to Target. While picking up my Zyrtec, I noticed that you have begun to bring out all the spring essentials including the bikini's. Yes, Operation Bikini is underway. I have done fairly well, except for cinnamon roll I had for breakfast on Sunday. Sorry it smelled so good. But I think that next year I am going to protest. This has to be some type of ancient torture! Discrimination against women who are trying their best to work off the holiday poundage. Great! I started my workouts at 20 minutes and worked myself up last week to 30 minutes. Thinking that I was working at a good pace 4 days a week, you just caused me to up my game to 40 minutes possibly five days a week now because I feel it necessary to squeeze my fluffy in some cute little aqua and brown number with bows and ruffles. I hate you. Thank gawd I am drinking Sprite, a low calorie, non-caffeinated drink. 

Okay, well, that's my Monday, the weekend, the 411 and all the crap rolled into a skinny tortilla filled with rabbit food. "I have a dream," Martin Luther King said. But I am sure it didn't consist of pushing his thighs and his behind into spandex and baby oil.

Happy Monday!
Dusty



22 comments:

  1. We did two of the same things this weekend. Cinnamon roll and target! That makes for a damn good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 days is definitely not enough time off from labor. I need a whole day just to bring my mind from labor mode to relax mode and by the time that is done, it's back to labor already. Hmph!

    xo, Yi-chia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having the same issue at night with waking up congested. It doesn't matter how much I blow I'm still all stuffed up. It sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been on a Sprite kick for the past few months. And when I went to get my nails done and the gal asked me what I wanted to drink and I told her Sprite, she laughed and asked me how old I was.

    And I saw the bikinis at target the other day too. Sent me into a straight panic enduced anorexia for a couple hours. but then Landon's mom bought Chik-fil-a. couldn't say no to that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. two days is most definitely not enough time off! i propose 4 days of work, 3 days of rest.

    have you thought about getting a humidifier for your bedroom? i kept waking up with a stuffy nose and dry mouth and once we added the humidifier it made a world of difference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with you about needing more than 2 days off...I can't even get myself organized to complete anything most weekends! I think Target is just the place to go when you need a pick-me-up :) Hope you have an awesome week!

    xoxo,
    Lyndsey

    www.theeyelinermanifesto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally have been having cinnamon roll waffles every weekend. It's so bad for me but tastes so dang good and they're fun to make. Seriously pop a cinnamon roll out of a can and put in waffle maker for 4 minutes. I will never bake for 20 mins again!
    I love me some target and i just walk around the bikini area so i dont have to look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sprite is so good. i love bubbly drinks. i just cant quit them. or target

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've recently gotten completely addicted to Sprint as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diet Dr. Pepper all the way...Sprite is good for a little Vodka...but Mt. Dew, now that is the shizzz. And I am right there with ya with the Zyrtec....I am dying over here!!! And guess what Logan AND Landry have the flu. How long did it take for Ian to get over?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am aware that this is going to sound very strange, but I love warmed up 7up when I have a cold/flu, I know it doesn't sound good but 1.5-2 minutes in the microwave and it's so good (only when you are ill thought!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. cacka! sorry you've had that damn cold, it's taking everyone down! Yes, Target.. they have it all. It's straight cray. Know what my fav new soda obsession is? Diet Ginger Ale. I drink it all day every day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha spandex ugh. I bought compression pants at Old Navy. I spent the entire Zumba class pulling them up. I don't know if I was just sweating out of them or my fat just squeezed out of them. I think I'll just work out in sweats haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm been taking my chubbette ass to the gym too. Not so much for operation bikini because I'm just not into swim wear. Mondays suck. I feel like everyone in America would be less stressed if we had a 4 day work week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're the best! Thank you Target lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl. Just tonight I realized I drink way too much sprite zero.. it's a problem, but i love it. i love it. i love it i love it.

    Colds blow, just as much as monday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We're a Castle household. Only we're watching it in real time, so I won't be a spoiler.

    Bikini season can suck it.

    The first thing I saw when I clicked over from Google Reader was Hot Snot. And the crockpot maven herself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now I really want some sprite...I can't remember the last time I had one that didn't have alcohol in it...

    This fitness situation and random illnesses are not mixing well together. But you WILL be in a bikini. Me too, hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bikini schma-kini. Yeah, I made that up. YOU, my dear, are amazing! I'm so proud of you, bumping up to 40 minutes! And five days a week? Get.Out! Now who is being whose role model?!?! We've soooo got this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My nose is full of snot all winter long. In cold weather, it runs more. This is true of most people. The people around here are always sniffling when it gets below 20.

    Target and I became frenemies when I saw last week that they already have the bikinis out. I don't need to think of more ways that my body is lacking, thanks Target.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I seriously need to get on the Target train. I don't think I have been in one in at least 2 years, and there are like 5 within 15 miles of me! I always read about bloggers loving up on target. I need to go. Try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't get rid of my snot either! Damn this winter.

    ReplyDelete