Sunday, October 2, 2011

DIY Headband

I know there are forty eleven million blogs, websites, DIY kits to make headbands. After a conversation with Rolled Up Pretty about how we loved hairbands I decided I wanted to purchase a new one because all the one's I have were just not hippie enough. Well, after being on "headband overload", I decided to make my own. I purchased 1 yard of black elastic for .49 cents at local craft store. I had a flower arrangement that had a flower that had fallen off a year ago and I kept telling myself I would repair and put it back. The arrangement is so sentimental to me because it was an arrangement that was sent to me after my father died. I couldn't bare to throw it away, so I set the flower aside. I thought what a perfect way to reuse the flower and then afterwards I realized the headband would make me think of him. Here is the end result. Took me all of 30 minutes. This is for Rolled Up Pretty and my sweet daddy, a beautiful flower in heaven.








XO, D

1 comment:

  1. K that is a SUPER cute headband! I LOVE it! Good job :) Thanks so much for linking up to Rolled Up Pretty, hopefully we'll see you again next week! :)

    ReplyDelete