Sunday, February 5, 2012

An award, a Q&A and Blogger Exchange..oh my

Happy Super Bowl Sunday. I don't usually blog on Sundays, but I am a little behind and thought I would do a little catch up. This blog is a three parter (is that even a word?) An award, a Q & A, and bloggy party exchange.

First, I wanted to give a shout out to some sweethearts that bestowed the lovely Liebster Blog Award to me. I loved receiving this award and do not care how many times I do. It's great to be recognized by your friends. Erika over at Erika Inez and Bethany at Life So Sweet are adorable. I love following their blogs. Erika has a great husby and cutie patootie fur babies and Bethany is a beautiful Cali girl full of fun adventures. They are new to the blogging world so show them some love won'tcha?


Next I was tagged in two separate games floating around the blogging community. I thought I would answer the questions for all to see so I combined them both together. I am not good with tagging and choosing. I hated having to choose other bloggers for awards because I really believe we all deserve it. So no tags, but thank you my sweet Anna at A Sweet Southern Mess and Halle at Classic + Glam.

Here's my 411 peeps....

Who tagged you? Anna & Halle
What is the main idea of your blog? It's a lifestyle blog. Full of things I love, want to share and full of laughter. Laughter really is the best medicine.People have asked where the name comes from. Seriously, where to women end up when they get together? Around a table eating good food, gossipping, catching up on their lives and enjoying each other's company. 
What are your top 3 places to shop? Target, Kohls, JCP. If there was an H&M store in Tennessee it would be empty. I can promise you that. I am so looking forward to the online shopping coming later this year.
If you got $500 what would you spend it on? Hunter Boots, flare jeans, maxi dresses for summer, new Too Faced Makeup kit, iphone. 
Flats or heels? Heels
Favorite color (be specific!)? Pink
Favorite blogger of the moment and why? Oh, I can't answer that one. I love them all. How about I say me. I am feeling frisky on this Sunday.
One of the goals you have for your blog? Just grow, have sponsors and show that all women can be fabulous with themselves, on a budget, and inspire.
When did you start blogging? August 2011. I actually attempted to back in May of last year then got a little scared. Then decided to make some changes in my life and went for it. So glad I did.
Who do you tag? No one. 
What is your favorite place to eat at? Right now its Five Guys.. I love hamburgers..love love.
Do you have a favorite quote? Only you can change yourself. Why is it so important to you? I tell my friends all they time, nobody can change you, only you can make the change for the difference. You control your own fate. 
What is your life goal? Happiness. 
Where are you from? Middle Tennessee. about 20 minutes from Nashville.
What is your favorite music to listen to? I love all music. I listen to country most of the time. I like old classics as well, you know Bon Jovi, the hair bands. 
Any books you've read lately? You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start In the Morning, Celia Rivenbock. She and I are very similar. My friend Missy recommended her series to me. She said, "Dusty, this women is so you. She says some of the same things you would say and reacts the same way you would react". And she is right. This book is a belly laugh.
Got any plans for this summer? Just enjoy it. Family trip to the beach.
What is your least favorite color? Lime Green (I don't do neon colors) 
What is your favorite dish that you always look forward to at holidays? Hashbrown casserole. I use Monterrey Jack and Colby cheese. It really makes it so much better than just cheddar.
Favorite TV shows? Revenge and the Real Housewives of wherever.
What is the food that you dislike the most? Green beans
What is one thing that is on your bucket list? Be published. I would love to just write one article for a magazine or paper. 

And finally, I was paired up with a sweet blogger Leigh at VeryLoveLeigh for the 2012 New Year Blogging party over at the The Crowley Party. I received my package with the cutest note.. she said, "I wish I could buy you the Hunter boots, but I am not rich". I belly laughed out loud. Leigh is a beautiful blogger with some awesome fashion posts. This is what she sent. All of my favorite elements. She's a doll. Thank you Leigh! 
Swoosh, that's it for this Sunday. Stay tuned tomorrow with some great Super Bowl recipes. I can't wait for the commercials. Happy Sunday everyone.

Love,
Dusty

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award :) And love your exchange gift! I loved participating in the exchange this year, met a lot of great bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do a link up with someone of some sort like you did with Leigh. It sounds like fun!
    XO Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! so glad you were awarded! you deserve it, girlfriend. :) loved your list!

    wow, i completely forgot it was super bowl sunday...:/ goes to show you how much i stay on top of pro football. ;P have a blessed week!

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I found your blog! It's been so fun reading about your life. And I love that your life goal is happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for doing the tag-- I'm so glad I got to read your comments!! :) Make sure to come on over and check out my new design and tell me what you think! Have a great Sunday!

    Best wishes from,
    classicglamblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout out! I love reading your cute blog :)
    xo Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course you do lime green, thru meeeeee! We are the yin and yan of the fashion world. lOL

    ReplyDelete