Monday, July 9, 2012

Catch a Wave

This weekend it was a snore. I mean the most excitement I had was getting dressed for a Saturday morning outing and taking my kid to the local grocery store to the CoinStar to cash in his change. He ended up with $12 smacks by the way. Any hoot, Friday night I was on Pinterest and came across a tutorial on how to get beachy waves. If you remember a few posts ago I spent a weekend looking up tutorials to perform this task. So I see this from one of  the girls I follow. 



Her hair is fantabulous. So what did I do, watched the tutorial which honestly isn't my favorite thing to do, but necessary in my quest for Hollywood hair.  So Saturday morning, I got got up showered which is pretty much not on my agenda because I like being a lazy ass when we aren't going out, but I had to get out of the house on an errand so I decided this was the day. The day I was going to accomplish this shit do or die. And here are the results.


Now I have made beachy waves before with a barrel curling iron but I have always used the  clamp to secure it. With these you just wrap the hair around the curling iron and let set for about 15 to 20 seconds and wa-la! I did spray my hair with a heat protectant but this turned out amazing which prompted me to buy extra hair products at the grocery. I also only burnt  my thumb once. I didn't use exactly what she use used and I did spray my locks with hair spray. It seriously held up all day and night. She also talks about making this style last for five days. Now, I don't know about you but after about 2 days I feel like I have fleas and have to wash my hair. But I will say that when I got up Sunday it still had curl to it, I took a pick and combed it out and it still had a pretty wave to it. So click here for the shizl.

I know this is really a stupid post. It's amazing how the littlest things excite me, but I wanted to share. Actually I just wanted you to see me in my sunnies. I look like I should be in the movie "The Fly" or a cop on a motorcycle chasing down a speed demon to give them a ticket. 


Happy Monday,
Dusty

28 comments:

  1. "Now, I don't know about you but after about 2 days I feel like I have fleas and have to wash my hair." ha ha ha ME TOO. lol. i know it's better for your hair if you don't wash it often, but 2 days is about all I can take!!

    your beachy waves turned out great & those glasses do make you look like a bad-ass cop ready to adminster the law!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautimus! Now if only I had the patience to follow a tutorial I'd have hair like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I am so excited to try this. But I will need to buy a curling iron first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks great! Looks like it was a success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. D, YOU look Fantabulous!!!! I am going to have to try this beach wave thing out. And those sunnies.. I'm jeals. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your hair! I have recently figured out how to do mine with a straightener and now I'm obsessed.
    Yours looks great!!

    Montana

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAWT!!! Work it, own it!! I am trying this out today....or maybe tomorrow, but I will be trying it soon! Stay tuned for my results!!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Dusty... As a hairstylist and a friend you should have just asked. I could have saved you the time it took for you to watch that tutorial. I would have told you how to really curl your hair! But at least you figured it out eh? And it looks fab! And good job using a heat protectant :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I such at getting that kind of hair! You look fabulous. I must try this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that I know this actually works, I might just have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look amazingcakes. i might have to try it with my lion hair.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so jealous of your hollywood hair. I wish I had hollywood hair... I've tried and failed on more occasions than I wish to disclose.

    xo, Yi-chia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear god you mentioned fleas and now i'm itchy again! (but seriously, fabulous hair and ohmygod 5 days without washing is nasty ass shit).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha I so feel like I have fleas if I don't wash my hair for a couple days, too. You look fabulous, my dear - your beachy, wavy hair is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soo trying this soon. I curled my hair for a wedding last weekend and before we even left the hotel it was flat. WHAT the F.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so trying this. I curled my hair for a wedding last week and it was flat before we left the hotel. LAME

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I. LOVE. IT!!!! Your hair is amazing. :)

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't even shower even WHEN I have an agenda.

    Never come visit me. All of my secrets will be out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your hair looks awesome! I tried to get beachy waves by doing the same thing, but it didn't take that well... maybe because I'm impatient and didn't curl for long enough. Also, I wash my hair every day... I feel nasty if I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  20. on my way to her tutorial right now.
    my hair is so anti-staying-curled-all-day-long. it looks great in the bathroom then I step outside and BAM! curls are gone.

    ReplyDelete